Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Welcome to me and to you!

Welcome, that is, to my new burrito blog!

I harbor the belief that burritos are una comida perfecta. They are far too great for me not to have a blog devoted to them. I have dilly-dallied far too long in creating this blog.

I figured that I might as well make it fun for me and informative for you, so I have made it my mission to visit as many burrito joints in the state of California as I possibly can.

If you have a place to recommend to me, please tell me about it and I will make plans to visit. I will be in the LA area until August 21, when I will be relocating to Berkeley.

I will have guest authors periodically so as to attempt to cover as much of the California burritosphere as possible.

I will rate each establishment for:
Quality of meat (1-10)
Quality of house salsa (1-10)
Quality of guacamole (1-10)
Quality of chips (1-5)
Size/Diversity of menu (1-5)
Size of burrito (I will buy a tape measure)
Approximate price (For a standard burrito)
Locally owned? (Y/N)
Satisfaction Factor (1-10; to be measured 1-2 hours after consumption)
Overall taste (1-10)

Now, I need your feedback on something. Do you want pictures of the burritos? I can do this, but I cannot promise pictures for every place. Do pictures of burritos affect how you might judge the taste of the burrito? Let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you don't put pictures of the burrito, both an outside shot with something to compare sizes next to it (bottle of tapatio or a hand) and a visceral shot of the insides so i can see the guts, i will hunt you down and strangle you and then travel back in time and kill your ancestors and then travel to the future and kill your descendants in an alternate universe where i didn't kill you so you could have descendants for me to kill

-sobol